Monday, May 02, 2005

America: Article, Pen Pal and Busch Gardens

Two things:

1) You know that article that I has such a problem with Peace Corps over? It's finally out, along with some photographs I took of the Orange Revolution. You can find it on:

www.subsystence.net



It's under "Articles" and is called "In the Balance".

2) I finally met my pen pal, Desiree, yesterday. Although we've been talking for nearly two years, we've never been in the same time zone until now. I was in Oklahoma, she was in Florida. I was in Florida, she was in the Dominican Republic. She was in Florida, I was in Ukraine. So I celebrated this convergence by driving over to Tampa (in my sister's truck, windows down, music blaring; God I missed driving) to meet her.

She popped my Busch Gardens cherry (her phrase; she has a mouth like a sailor with Tourettes), and we spent the day riding roller coasters and checking out animals. It was pretty cool. Even though we only met yesterday, it was like we had been friends for years. Which, in fact, we had.

She's a certified skydiver, too, and so has promised to pop my skydiving cherry this Christmas.

A bit of promo for her:

www.desireerincon.com



And this is what she looks like:


I don't know what's up with my double chin here. And yet I'm still gorgeous. Funny how that works, isn't it?