Friday, April 08, 2005

Ukraine: Away For a Bit

I'll be off the web until Thursday. Today there's a big "Jailbreak" party in celebration of getting our own apartments, with volunteers from all over Ukraine converging on Zhytomyr. This was Amy's party, but somehow it ended up at my apartment. Amy rented out a banya for the afternoon for the event (60 Hrivna/$12), and shashlik (Ukrainian shish-kabob) will be served afterwards. The problem is that I already agreed to work with another volunteer's library group at the same time that the banya has been rented. Grr. Either way, Seth is coming with his guitar, and there will be much jamming at my place until the wee hours of the morning.

But then I'm getting my butt up at the crack of dawn on Sunday to go into Kyiv to go somewhere outside of Kyiv (I don't even know the name of the place) to be trained by American Councils so that I can work with their FLEX kids this summer. It's a four day training and there won't be access to internet or (gasp) Pepsi, so it might be a long four days.

Me being away may help relieve those who compulsively check my site for updates (none of you) and therefore could be considered an act of mercy, really. Or you could read through all the stuff I've been posting and leave lots and lots of comments and make me feel happy and stuff. Which would also be an act of mercy, really.

Peace.