Friday, April 15, 2005

Ukraine: And Done

So I must subconciously relish these things because I got the final grant proposal for the climbing wall done and e-mailed with 87 minutes until deadline. This was after hours and hours of furious typing, including writing the initial section in Ukrainian (as required) and then hunting down someone to grammar check it for me (and oh God did it need it). But it's done. Wooohoo! Of course, there's no gaurenteeing (or however you spell it) that we'll get it, but the bulk of the organizational work (including the spreadsheets, which took more time than anything)is already done, so it will be easier to submit it for other grants.

By the way, a big shout out to Jay, who currently in the process of applying to Peace Corps. An avid climber himself, Jay is donating a bunch of rock climbing holds to the project, which I'll pick up when I'm back in the U.S. (which will be in...FIVE DAYS!) You can check out Jay's blog here:

Jay's Big Adventure



In other news, Kirsten, a PCV in Korestichiv, could not be found housing, so they switched her site to Zhytomyr. This means there are 6 PCVs in Zhytomyr now!

We all hung out until late last night (even though, you know, the grant was due today). Carrie, who's been on the same 21-hours-of-sleep-in-the-past-week schedule that I've been on, dragged her butt over to my apartment to meet Kirsten and offered this insightful comment: "it's not a party if it happens every day." To which I wholeheartedly agree. I don't care that it's a Friday, I don't care if Hugh Hefner comes into town with a playmate entourage and wants to hold the orgy at my place, tonight I'm going to bed.