Friday, March 25, 2005

Ukraine: Soon Apartment!

I am currently a raving, foaming maniac in the body of an extremely hot, albeit slightly sloveny, Cuban American sitting at a computer and acting like he's not internally a raving, foaming maniac.

Because...

In three days I get my apartment. But since today is almost over, really it's two. But since the last day is the day I get it, really one. But since tomorrow will be spent teaching in Kyiv and on marshrutkas going to and from Kyiv (and time both teaching and on marshrutkas is really part of a space time warp where things seem to be going quite quickly and yet not happening simultaneously; Einstein, but not Newton, would have understood) really there is no time between now and then and I am already in my new apartment, on my knees, arched back with arms extended and hands in claws screaming to the heavens: "FREEDOM!"

Seriously, I want it that badly. Try spending six months in other people's homes, particularly the homes of Ukrainian women who nitpick at you all day and force feed you pig fat and buckwheat, women who, while you love them, have taught you to finally understand matricide. Do that, and then you will know how I feel.

Now I have to go lesson plan for tomorrow...

(Which doesn't actually exist)