Sunday, June 19, 2005

Ukraine: Off to Training

We are all finally leaving the confines of Paty's tiny apartment for the confines of an overnight train. I'm surprised that we've gone a week without killing each other, a steady cycle of ten people using the bathroom, the shower, the kitchen, rotating clothes onto the clothes lines hanging outside the window. But it's gone stress free, save maybe for Paty, who's apartment this is. I give her all the credit in the world. Nine people in my place for two weeks? I'd have kicked them out.

From here on out we get double rooms in a sanitorium in Cherkasy (the center of the country) for three days of intensive language training. Should be fun, but I'll be off the web for a few days (go on, breathe a sigh of relief :-)).

I know I haven't been keeping up on e-mails, but it's hard to read anything through this cracked screen and I'm content just to type my thoughts and be done with it. By June 23rd I should be in Kyiv (and maybe hae a lunch date with Tanya, the girl I met at the Moby concert) and can catch up on e-mail then. And maybe post some of these great pictures of this beautiful part of the country!

In any case, I'm aboutto go to Chilentano's, the pizzeria where we have eaten every single day (it's close, cheap and good; the holy trinity of restaurants).

Peace.