Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ukraine: The Final Tally

The Final Talley For the Trip:

Days traveled: 25

Countries visited: 6

Cost of trip: $852.64

Bank of America ATM fees: $45 at $5 each

NOTE: After finding out about the Bank of America fees, I started pulling large amounts of money and exchanging cash as I went. When in Poland, I was able to put things on my check card and Seth and Sean would pay me back in cash, meaning I didn't have to withdraw money from ATMs

Acquired knowledge of Slavic Languages, Eastern European History, World War II and the Holocaust, as expressed in college credit hours: 16

American franchises eaten at: 5, McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Subway, KFC

UNESCO Sites visited: 8

Girls made out with: 6

Castles visited: 5

Caves visited: 3

Mountains climbed: 1

Hours spent waiting for/travelling on trains, buses, elektrichkas, marshrutkas, trolley buses, and metros: The amount of hydrogen atoms in the universe plus the number of grains of sand in the Sahara multiplied by the cummulative heartbeats of the human race, squared.

Highlights: Climbing the highest mountain in Poland, caving in Budapest, seeing an English Language movie in Bratislava, visiting thermal baths in Budapest, clubbing with a Rugby team in Budapest, seeing Beethoven's grave in Vienna, drinking absinthe in Prague, visiting Spisky Hrad (big ass castle) in Slovakia, drinking gatorade in Slovakia, watching the astronomical clock ring in Prague, making a lot of new aquaintences, bike tour in Krakow, Beatles night in Krakow, sleeping in my own bed when I got back.