Monday, November 01, 2004

Ukraine: Training

This is Peace Corps Ukraine training:

Four hours of language class a day, usually in the afternoon. Teaching twice a week, 10th and 11th graders at a local school. They're pretty cool. As a teacher trainer, I observe my clustermates as they teach (and they teach four times a week) and give them feedback. Saturdays, we have ungodly long technical sessions that last all day where they teach teaching skills. As I did this for both my bachelors and my masters, I am bored. Nights: hanging out with clustermates, talking or watching episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on Seth's computer. Weekends: Extremely hard partying with the link, which usually involves drinking at Rastafaris and dancing at Indigos.

All in all, a lot of fun, I'm kept very busy and I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.